fredag 24. juli 2009

A fresh blog start...








Well, this is a new start, a blank sheet of blog right in front of me. Where to start? So much to say, and so little time. But somewhere I have to start, how about this summer?

Anyway, last month I had a couple of days off work, and I went to Barcelona in the beginning of the month. Blog is coming. But I simply have to start by saing: I LOVE FAITH NO MORE! Which I saw last month at Hove festivalen, in south of Norway.

Let´s start from the beginning:

Firt, Maeva and me, went travelled to Kristiansand the the 24th of June, very late. We arrived at the appartment we rented, and went out for crappy chinese-food. Only rewstaurant that was open at 11 PM at Kristiansand (its the capital of Christianity in Norway)


Early next morning we got up and went out for breakfast (I mean, I got up, showered, got dressed watched some TV and THEN I woke Maeva up).

Afterwards, we decided there was no time to waste, so we took the bus to Arendal, which is 1 hours 50 minutes from Kristiansand by bus. Of course, Maeva fell asleep in the bus.

When we arrived we took another bus to the idyllic island of Tromøya, where the most beautiful festival in the world is held. Not my words, but read this comment:
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=120&title=why_norway_s_hove_is_the_world_s_most_be&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

When we finally arrived it must have been 32 degrees, and we were ready to sell our black concert t-shirts for a shower or a bath in the lake. But luckily Yngves cousin was working at the festival, and he welcomed us with a cold beer in a hotel with aircondition. Lovely!!

Afterwards we went to the festival site to explore and to gather with our other friends: Virginia, Pablo and their friends from Finland.
While waiting for the BIG concert, we just chilled and relax by the stage between concerts.

After Major Parkinson, Maeva and I went back to the hotel, where we had free access to the Spa, thanks to Christian. Nice and relaxing.

But then I started to get nervous: in only a couple of hour I was about to see Fatih No More and Mike Patton LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME!

We stood all the way in the front, we stood there for about 40 minutes, and then it´s started to get really crowded. we met a really nice girl, called Vibeke while waiting, and I made some room so she could stand in front with us.

Then the sound check finally ended, and we all got more and more nervous. Until finally the clock showed 22:34, and we saw some of the artist coming on stage... and Mike Patton hide behind a big loudspeaker.. and we heard the melody to “Reunited”. It was almost an out -of-body-experience, and during the concert I got to think: Is this for real? I have been a fan of these guys since a was 15 years old.

Here are some pictures and the setlist:
http://www.last.fm/user/setlistfm/journal/2009/06/26/2trxyh_setlist_faith_no_more_at_hove_festival,_arendal,_norway

So the question now is: When will I see Mike Patton & the rest of FNM? I would love to see them in Buenos Aires or Santiago, but unfortunately I have something as a master thesis to submit by the end of the year, it sucks...

The other question is: Should I enter one of my pictures for a contest of "The best festival picture 2009"? Don´t like this contests, but I could be fun. Who knows, if a lot of people vote on my picture, I can win a VIP pass for next years festival. But the again, I do realize it´s far fetched :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar